If you want to host Google Fonts locally you can install the Local Google Fonts plugin and configure the plugin easily by following these steps:
- Install and activate the Local Google Fonts plugin
- After activating the plugin go to the homepage of your website (so the plugin will know what fonts are used on your website)
- Navigate to Settings → Google Fonts
- Click all the “Host Locally” buttons
- The Google Font API connection is now removed and the fonts are served locally
If you want to be sure you can use the Google Font Checker tool to see if all Google Font API connections are removed.